Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dropping all Data but keeping constraints and Structure Intact!

Hi All -
I have a SQL 2000 database of 60 some tables, with constraints, indexes, PK-
FK, and other relationships on them. I would like to drop all data in all
tables, knowing that a lot of the tables have full PK-FK-PK-FK ...
relationships cascading, and indexes and such. I want to keep intact all
that is not data. So basically truncate or delete all data and leave all
table structures with all their constraints etc ..
I wonder if such a script exists? that would be a great help.
Thank You In Advance.
Wise -
Message posted via droptable.com
http://www.droptable.com/Uwe/Forum...server/200704/1On Apr 11, 7:20 pm, "wiseteufel via droptable.com" <u4067@.uwe> wrote:
> Hi All -
> I have a SQL 2000 database of 60 some tables, with constraints, indexes, P
K-
> FK, and other relationships on them. I would like to drop all data in all
> tables, knowing that a lot of the tables have full PK-FK-PK-FK ...
> relationships cascading, and indexes and such. I want to keep intact all
> that is not data. So basically truncate or delete all data and leave all
> table structures with all their constraints etc ..
> I wonder if such a script exists? that would be a great help.
> Thank You In Advance.
> Wise -
> --
> Message posted via droptable.comhttp://www.droptable.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-ser
ver/200704/1
You can script out the entire database ( with PK,FK, INDEX ,
Constraint options) and create a new database from the script .

No comments:

Post a Comment