Thursday, March 29, 2012

dropping replication

Hi,
Is there any way to drop a single replication. one subscriber server was taken down without dropping first. Now I have a pull at publisher which is in state of reinitialized and waiting for the server to be back on.
I don not want to drop all replication and create them again. So I wonder if there is anyway to just drop that single replication belong to the taken off server.

Thanks for the help in advance.Yes, just execute 'sp_dropsubscription' with the correct parameters in the publication.

Just for future references, the pull subscription should be dropped in the subscriber before you take the server down.|||ty.
Edit:
according to BOL.
sp_dropsubscription is used in snapshot and transactional replication.
but this is merge.|||Did you mention it was a Merge?|||yup it is merge replication. I am sorry I didn't mention on first msg.

No comments:

Post a Comment