Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dropping tables from a article

Just a quick question , when you have a article is their any way to drop a table from a article.
Don't know if it important but I'm using merge replication.Ok....what's an article?|||Originally posted by Brett Kaiser
Ok....what's an article?

Sorry I suppose that should have been described as how do I drop a article from a publication. When the article is a table, or is a table a group of articles. Not hundered percent on the Publishing Metaphor.

A article is part of a publication that is part use as part of replication.
Any suggestions?|||Sorry...haven't done replication, but looking up in bol, it looks like the correct terminology...

Did you check out BOL?

To delete an article

Note Deleting articles from publications that have subscriptions is not allowed. To delete an article, you must first delete all subscriptions to the publication.

At the Publisher, open SQL Server Enterprise Manager, expand a server group, expand the Replication folder, expand the Publications folder, right-click the publication, and then click Properties.

Click the Articles tab, select an article to delete, and then clear the check box next to the article to delete.
1988-2000 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.|||I don't think there is. What I usually do is drop and recreate the article if I want to make a change.|||Originally posted by joejcheng
I don't think there is. What I usually do is drop and recreate the article if I want to make a change.

Brill, Just wanted to be sure. Thankssql

No comments:

Post a Comment