Thursday, March 29, 2012

DSN less connection fro ASP pages

I have installed Microsoft SQL server 2000 on a server.
My web server is having windows NT having all asp pages.
I want to connect to SQL Server 2000 using a DSN less
connection for my asp pages. Could anyone help me with
that?
Also, if I try to create system DSN on windows NT, it
gives me an error message and does not create DSN. What
could be the reason?
ThanksThe syntax depends on whether you are using OLE DB or ODBC,
it you are connecting using a standard SQL login or Windows
Authentication, etc. You can find sample ADO connection
strings which cover different scenarios at:
http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm
The problem creating the DSN would depend on what the error
message is that you are receiving - it's hard to say without
more information about the error.
-Sue
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:43:59 -0800, "namita"
<anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have installed Microsoft SQL server 2000 on a server.
>My web server is having windows NT having all asp pages.
>I want to connect to SQL Server 2000 using a DSN less
>connection for my asp pages. Could anyone help me with
>that?
>Also, if I try to create system DSN on windows NT, it
>gives me an error message and does not create DSN. What
>could be the reason?
>Thanks|||Hello,
<%
set conn1=server.CreateObject("adodb.connection")
conn1.cursorlocation=3
conn1.Open "Provider=sqloledb;" & _
"Data Source=Server;" & _
"Initial Catalog=DB;" & _
"User Id=ayaz;" & _
"Password=ayaz"
%>
and also
try this one too.
conn1.open " dsn=ayaz;uid=ayaz;pwd=ayaz;DATABASE=ayaz
;APP=ASP Script"
i hope its will help you , if any problem then email me.
Thanks,
Warm Regards,
Ayaz Ahmed
Software Engineer & Web Developer
Creative Chaos (Pvt.) Ltd.
"Managing Your Digital Risk"
http://www.csquareonline.com
Karachi, Pakistan
Mobile +92 300 2280950
Office +92 21 455 2414
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.examnotes.net ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment