Tuesday, March 27, 2012

dropping database

Hi friends,
How I can drop a database insatance from a different server ( data base is SQL Server 2005) from my code
Hoping a early reply ...
Thanks :)Take a look at: sp_addlinkedserver|||Thanks for your reply.
I will let you know after exploring sp.|||hi george,
as per this artical :-
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms175129.aspx
we can not use DROP statement in distributed environment.|||Thanks for the link - I never knew that!
One thing you can do is run the EXEC command, which allows you to execute sprocs etc...

Other than that I'm stumped, sorry!|||Let me get this straight. You want to drop a database on a remote server. One you presumably have a link to, but can not log on to yourself? I am just asking because the part of my brain labeled "security" is making an awful lot of noise right now, and I can not think, because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment