Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dropping a file in a filegroup that does not exist.

Hi,
I moved a database from an older sql box to one of our new servers. One of
the files in the prmiary file group was not moved and the server was wiped...
the filename is sysft_ix_STS_neo_1414639615. Everytime I try to do a backup
of that database I get a "file or firegroup is not online..." error message
and SQL won't let me drop it because it does not exist. Can anyone help me
out?Hi Henry
If there was data in this filegroup then you would have to resort to your
last backup.
John
"Henry" wrote:
> Hi,
> I moved a database from an older sql box to one of our new servers. One of
> the files in the prmiary file group was not moved and the server was wiped...
> the filename is sysft_ix_STS_neo_1414639615. Everytime I try to do a backup
> of that database I get a "file or firegroup is not online..." error message
> and SQL won't let me drop it because it does not exist. Can anyone help me
> out?|||I'm pretty certain this is the full text index and that rebuilding or removing full-text indexing
would solve this. This is what I recall from earlier post with the same problem.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"John Bell" <jbellnewsposts@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:7E297789-FEFB-41D9-BF17-90BF96129198@.microsoft.com...
> Hi Henry
> If there was data in this filegroup then you would have to resort to your
> last backup.
> John
> "Henry" wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I moved a database from an older sql box to one of our new servers. One of
>> the files in the prmiary file group was not moved and the server was wiped...
>> the filename is sysft_ix_STS_neo_1414639615. Everytime I try to do a backup
>> of that database I get a "file or firegroup is not online..." error message
>> and SQL won't let me drop it because it does not exist. Can anyone help me
>> out?|||Hi Tibor
You are probably right! sp_help_fulltext_catalogs might verify this!
John
"Tibor Karaszi" wrote:
> I'm pretty certain this is the full text index and that rebuilding or removing full-text indexing
> would solve this. This is what I recall from earlier post with the same problem.
> --
> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
> http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
>
> "John Bell" <jbellnewsposts@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:7E297789-FEFB-41D9-BF17-90BF96129198@.microsoft.com...
> > Hi Henry
> >
> > If there was data in this filegroup then you would have to resort to your
> > last backup.
> >
> > John
> >
> > "Henry" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I moved a database from an older sql box to one of our new servers. One of
> >> the files in the prmiary file group was not moved and the server was wiped...
> >> the filename is sysft_ix_STS_neo_1414639615. Everytime I try to do a backup
> >> of that database I get a "file or firegroup is not online..." error message
> >> and SQL won't let me drop it because it does not exist. Can anyone help me
> >> out?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment